Sunday, September 28, 2008

Home From Camp

So. I did not quite finish the socks on time. Not really. They made me feel like I knit tremendously slowly... I finally finished them up yesterday afternoon, in time to wear them around camp a bit before the dance, and then I wore them today until we got home. I am already thinking about what I will change for the next ones.

IMG_3388.JPG
From the inside

IMG_3392.JPG
From the outside

1) They will be in a sport or fingering weight yarn. Worsted is great and all, but it is too coarse on the inside to be comfortable for very long
2) there will be some thought put into how to keep them up. Tied garters are nice and all, but there's got to be a better way
3) I will think of some way to centre the cable on the leg. These are ok but I'm not huge on them.
4) I will measure better, and take distortion (length for width) into account so they fit better.

Now, I can start new stuff :p

No comments: